Monday, November 09, 2009

nerdy kid


As a quiet youngster in school I seemed to attract a parade of weirdo kids to me I didn't want to talk to. This is one of them I remember, right down to the his 80s short shorts. Even in the 80s I thought they were too short. This kid was a know it all and was picked on by everyone and I probably shunned him at some point.

I always felt sorry for him, and in the back of my head knew revenge would be his and he would make millions of dollars by inventing a world wide communication network (or something). Years later in my 20s I saw him, fat and with pony tail, working the register at some fast food place. I hope in the years since he has had his revenge.

UPDATED: Now with new faces!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi how are you?

I was looking through your blog, and I found it interesting, and inspiring to me, so I thought why not leave you a comment.

I too have a blog that I use out of Southern California here in San Diego.

Mostly it is a collection of artistic expression, and I have many friends with the same interests, maybe you can become my friend, and follow, and I can also follow you, if that is okay.

Well I hope to hear from you soon, and or read about you….LOL

Sincerely,
Jess

coreymarie said...

This is inspiring to me, Brian. I wish I could draw all the nerds and dorks and geeks and dweebs that I went to high school with, except that I'm friends with most of them on facebook now.

Oh well.

Unknown said...

i concur with coreymarie, and nerdy kid is sooooooo cute.

Ryan Matias said...

HA! this kids fun, he must of swallowed a dogdeball!

Francesma said...

The kid had Glasses. He was probably attracted to you by your Glasses. I had to wear thick "Coke bottle Mr. Magoo len's" Glasses. I thought if I got the "Fishtail" Sparkley Frames, I wouldn't look so nerdy. I tried to make friends w people who wore Glasses, because I thought they would accept me has a friend better.

Brian said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
BrianMORANTE said...

Hey Jess, are you that one guy from that one time downtown? Have we me before?

Good theory Fran, but I didn't wear glasses at the time. Ive just always attracted the type of people who grow up and awkwardly talk to you while in line at the bank.

Corey- that would be an interesting experiment. to try and draw every nerd/geek/dork from every stage of your life.

Thanks Ryan and Sam

David Reyes said...

haha cool looks like a little pixar kid.

David Reyes said...

You know like if he was and extra lost character from the incredibles. This kid would fit into the look of that movie.